Thursday, June 12, 2008

Best Nap Couch

I found this 1970's sofa at a retro furntiture store near downtown Indianapolis. The big problem was that someone had just ripped off the skirt leaving the welt cord around the bottom. I had a brainy idea to add that band of off white and voila! I love it. I ordered new foam for the cushions and bolstered the decking a bit. It's extra long and completely cozy. When buying upholstered pieces, there's always the risk of the odor that has been absorbed by the fibers. It took all sorts of fabric fresheners to freshen this sofa and I can still smell that fabric somehow. It's not bad, just an odor. (I've got an extra sensitive sniffer)

3 comments:

MMG said...

The couch looks great. Nice job. Now if I could only figure out how to fix my extra long, t-cushion, WHITE couch with something other than a blanket. . .

flipt studio said...

Slipcover?

Unknown said...

Your couch looks great! I just scored a similar couch, the upholstery is in great shape, but I want to repaint the wood frame. Can you advise me on how to do that without ruining the upholstery???
Thank you!!