Sunday, March 16, 2008

GOODWILL HUNTING-MODERN COFFEE TABLE

I just couldn't pass up this sleek modern coffee table the other day at another brand new Goodwill Store near my house. This Goodwill expansion is killing me. The price was unsettlingly high at $24.99. I wavered, but caved. I found they usually do the high pricing right before the 50% off day. As the photos show, there is a weird stain on top that needs to be cleaned up. I love the lines of legs on this-so mid-century. Can't decide where ANOTHER coffee table will go, but I can't let go of this. (I wonder if I can shove it under my bed).



5 comments:

MMG said...

I love this coffee table, too, and I can't wait to see what you do with it. I've been looking for a good coffee table to re-purpose myself.

I love your blog! It's really inspiring!

janie said...

oh my goodness, what a wonderfully stylish new header!!

Unknown said...

$24.99? What is this, Ethan Allen? Chuckle. But it does all go to a good cause. (And with your blog, the prices are bound to go up with the run on used furniture!)

I agree, the legs are too funky to pass up.

lily pottery said...

great table! my studio partner barb blair with Knack studios told me about you! your blog is great and inspiring! I am always on the goodwill and thrift store hunt also and just about the majority of the furniture in my home is rescued and restored! thanks for sharing your tips! I'll be frequenting your blog often!!! thanks!

swonderful said...

Okay, so I have been getting to Goodwill as much as possible lately, in a desperate panic over how much I want a midcentury coffee table. Finally tonight out of frustration, I just googled "midcentury coffe table goodwill" and your blog popped up. I read your entry to my husband and whined aloud at how you don't know what to do with so many coffee tables... and then I saw you are in INDY?!? Argh! ME TOO! With two babies (a 23 month old and a 4 month old) getting to Goodwill is like, the biggest outing ever. And I have had no luck. If you want to get rid of a midcentury coffee table, please let me know. It would be going to a very loving home and I would be out of my mind ecstatic to pay $24.99! It would be a very happy Christmas present for me!